Monday, April 4, 2016

Thoughts from Conference

Hello my friends. 
2016 Spring Conference - President Monson


Conference weekend is always wonderful! I hope you enjoyed the talks and the spirit that was felt as much as I did. Questions are always answered!

Our new convert Seif, was able to watch all of the sessions of Conference! Even the Priesthood Session. He LOVED it. He told us that he felt the spirit so strong and he felt so happy! After the last session we went to visit Seif and he was talking to us about one of his neighbors. I got a strong impression to ask him if he thought that his neighbor would ever be interested in learning more about the Gospel. His eyes immediately lit up and he got very excited. He started talking about all of his neighbors and friends that he would introduce us to. He was filled with the spirit of missionary work! What a wonderful spirit :) best kind there is.

I really enjoyed conference! I went in seeking many answers and each one of my questions was answered. The spirit works in mysterious ways. I want all of you to know that I love and sustain our prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. He is God's living prophet on the earth today, to lead and guide the Lord's true church. I love and sustain all the other church leaders, I know that they love us and they love the Lord.

I especially enjoyed Elder David A. Bednar's talk, about how we can always retain a remission of our sins. I loved how he talked about how baptism is the initial cleansing of sin and receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost provides the continual cleansing from sin. One of the questions I had was about how I could better recognize and understand the spirit, and my answer came. By taking the Sacrament we remember our baptism covenants. By doing the things said in the Sacrament prayer: 1) Being willing to take His name upon us 2) Always remember Him 3) Keep His commandments. By doing these things, we are promised that we will 'always have His spirit to be with [us]'. I do know the importance of the Sacrament but sometimes we forget. But I know by preparing to take the Sacrament worthily and doing these things, that we will have the spirit to be with us.

I also really enjoyed Elder Jeffery R. Holland's words. At first I was really nervous, the way he started out... Haha but it was nice to hear how much the leaders of the church all love us, and I know that they do. During this talk I was able to reflect on some things that I am doing that I need to change. I have many flaws and I know that I can do better on. We do fall short though, many, many times. And it was a blessing to hear him say that we will be blessed for our desire to be good, even if we fall short to do so. The Lord blesses those who WANT to improve. I know that Heavenly Father is mindful of us and he knows our thoughts and desires. He will help us if we ask for it. We are his children and He does love us :)

After listening to all the wonderful talks, I really do feel that the spirit has 'wrought a mighty change in my heart'. I want to do better and I am going to do whatever it takes to do it. I know that all of you can too. Through a desire to change, constant prayer and scripture study, you will be blessed with the strength you need, to make 'your weak things become strong'.

#Ponderize "And they all cried with one voice, saying: Yea, we believe all the words which thou hast spoken unto us; and also, we know of their surety and truth, because of the Spirit of the Lord Omnipotent, which has wrought a mighty change‍ in us, or in our hearts, that we have no more disposition to do evil, but to do good continually."

I love y'all, I love my Mission, and I love the Lord.

XOXOXO

~Sister Kayla Marie Willis

If you have a minute, send me a note :)
410 Alta Lane #11
Lynchburg, VA 24502

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the 4th chapter is Mosiah is pretty great. That's where all these quotes come from. Glad to hear about your investigator and how he it on fire. Every single one of the people we baptized in Sweden were friends or relatives of members.

    ReplyDelete