Saturday, July 16, 2016

1 Nephi 17:50-51

Hey y'all, 
Sister Weavers and I before doing some tracting


How is it going for everyone? If you didn't already know, I am emailing on Wednesday because it is transfers! This transfer I will be staying in Lynchburg/Appomattox with Sister Weavers, since she is still in training. She is doing amazing by the way! She is a wonderful missionary and has taught me a lot! She is so sweet and I appreciate how easy she is to get along with. Sister Weavers is so smart and has such a huge desire to serve the Lord. I know that we still have work that needs to be done here in this part of the Lord's Vineyard!
So I wanted to update y'all on John and his parents! John is doing amazing! He found out that it was transfers and freaked out a little, because he thought I was going to be leaving, but I am here for another 6 weeks at least :) Whoo! We stopped by to see John's mom and dad, and they are doing amazing! John's dad was in an accident a few years ago which left him slightly handicapped, so our lesson focused more on his mom, Cheryl. Here's the big news: SHE READ ALL THE WAY UP TO JACOB IN THE BOOK OF MORMON!! That doesn't just happen everyday! So we had a great lesson with her and she has a huge interest in eternal families and how her marriage can be eternal. It is amazing! I am so grateful for the doctrine we have on Eternal Families. No other church has any real doctrine on that, and it just strengthens my testimony even more that this church is true, and that because of covenants we make in sacred temples, families can be ETERNAL.
Sister Weavers went all the way to the edge of our mission - didn't cross, but took a pict

We had a wonderful Zone Meeting this week and we talked lots 
about Miracles. It was the best Zone Meeting I have ever been

 to on my mission. Sister Weavers and I were fasting for an investigator that day, so that helped us even more to learn from The Spirit. Before the meeting, we were asked to read 1 Nephi 17:50-51:

 50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
 51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?

Sister Pugh, Brower, Willis, and Weavers


Got Jesus?

These scriptures really impressed upon my heart. The Lord has commanded Nephi to build a ship and he has never built a ship before in his life! He doesn't know anything about building a ship, but yet, if Heavenly Father commands him to do it, why would he not be able to do it? Heavenly Father provides a way for all of his children to do what he asks of them. He will perform miracles, according to our faith. We talked a lot about goal setting by faith, and exercising our faith in the work. Many missionaries shared powerful experiences of how they exercised faith, by setting a goal they want to achieve, and then relying on faith and diligence to accomplish that goal. I had many 'golden thoughts' or things that I can do to improve myself as a missionary. I have decided to work on becoming a master planner and goal setter. I am going to set a small goal for

 myself every morning, after my studies, just something that I can really focus on for that day in the work and/or my teaching, so that I can become better. I know that as I do this, I will become a better servant in the Lord's Vineyard, and I will strengthen my faith, as I see the Lord's Hand perform miracles.
Virginia is the Prettiest Place on Earth

Sister Weavers and I tried to implement all the things that we learned in the Zone Meeting into our finding efforts. As we planned for the next day, we carefully prayed about EVERY THING. We prayed about the area we need to go to, what time we need to go there, what street we need to tract and how many people are ready to receive us on that street. Heavenly Father
 told us that we needed to Tract 'Coffey Road' (isn't that ironic) and we knew we were going to meet 2 people that are going to be ready to receive us. After tracting Coffey Road, we found 2 people that are interested in our important message! We have some return appointments as well! It was amazing how after tracting for days without any success, as soon as we exercise our faith and seek direction from the Lord, we see miracles!
The gospel is true and Heavenly Father really does provide for His children :) I love being a missionary! I hope President Salisbury lets me stay in the WVCM FOREVER! :)

There were 2 more gross bugs in our house.  I almost died.
#Ponderize 1 Peter 3:14-15 
14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness’ sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh
 you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
Love you all so much! Read your scriptures and say your prayers! Daily :)
xoxoxo

~Sister Kayla Marie Willis

410 Alta Lane #11
Lynchburg, VA 24502

No comments:

Post a Comment