Monday, October 12, 2015

Attitude & Effort

Fall Time
Hello,

So as you know in my last email I shared a scripture that I said I would Ponderize for this week. I have been thinking a lot about Humility and how i can be more Christlike. My scripture for this last week was Matthew 5:16 "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your father which is in Heaven." As I thought about the scripture, memorized the key points and truly pondered the meaning of it, I learned so much about humility and the goodness of God. As I light MY light shine, and serve them I need to remember whose work this is. This is HIS work, and HE should get all the glory. As I humble myself I am able to do the things that HE needs me to do. This isn't about me, it is about HIM, HIS work and HIS children. The Lord has called me for what HE needs to do THROUGH me. 

#Ponderize 
Kentucky Flowers

This week we had interviews with President Salisbury. He talked a lot about what we committed to do when we accepted our mission call. What I do depends on my commitment, and my commitment depends on my own attitude and effort. Those are really the only things that I can control for myself. As I try my hardest to have a good attitude and a good solid effort, miracles will happen! 

Sister Web and I in Charleston on Exch

Sister Farnsworth and I had exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders this week. I went to Charleston with Sister Webb, and it was so awesome! I learned so much and really gained a testimony of talking with everyone and being bold. I know that God places certain people in our path at a certain time for a reason and by listening to the spirit we can be guided and directed to those who are prepared to hear and accept Jesus Christ's Gospel.

Us with the girls! Audrey, Adriana, and Sierra


Sandy and I

For a few weeks now we have been working with a less active named, Sandy. She has the three cute grand kids - Sierra, Adriana, and Audrey. Audrey is 5, Adriana is 7, and we have been teaching Sierra, who is 11. Sierra is now on date for baptism in November! She is so cute and she has really had a hard time committing to go to church, along with Sandy, who has been nervous about going back to church. Sister Farnsworth and I have been trying to hard to get them to church and yesterday they came! We looked outside the church building to see if they were here and we saw Sandy pulling up! Audrey was jumping out of her seat and yelling, "I love you! You look pretty" and she ran out of the car and gave us a huge hug. They were all so excited. We went into sacrament meeting and after we sat down before the meeting started Audrey looked and me and said, "Did someone die?" I reassured her that no one had died. During the Sacrament Hymn Audrey asked me if the table with the white cloth on it had a dead body on it. I told her that it was just water and bread, but that we remember Christ's body and blood during the sacrament. During the testimonies, I accidentally bumped Adriana in the arm and I said sorry and she looked at me and said, "God forgives you." Those kids are hilarious!  

Sister Farnsworth and I at Mary Lou's Baptism

Mary Lou and I
After church, there was a baptism for Mary Lou! (She is the one who got married and I was her maid of honor) The Elders were the ones teaching her but it was so rewarding to see her and be there to support her. She is one of the craziest ladies I have ever met. She is 6 feet tall and some of the water had drained out of the baptismal font so it was kind of low. The first time she went down, her hands and feet came up. The second time, her toe was above the water. She finally was baptized by immersion on the forth try. It was so funny, she was laughing and she walked up the steps afterwards and yelled, "Thanks everybody!" 
Eating Dinner in the Car

I was asked to give the talk on the Holy Ghost. Its was really special to me because I love talking about the Holy Ghost. My mom is the most creative person that I know and she gave me a blanket when she talked on the Holy Ghost at my own baptism. I wanted to make this a special moment for Mary, the way my mom made it special for me. I talked about Mary being a "Light" because of her cheerfulness and friendly attitude. I shared the scripture D&C 11:11-13 "For, behold, it is I that speak; behold, I am the light which shineth in darkness, and by my power I give these words unto thee. And now, verily, verily, I say unto thee, put your trust in that Spirit which leadeth to do good - yea, to do justly, to walk humbly, to judge righteously; and this is my Spirit. Verily, verily, I say unto you, I will impart unto you of my Spirit which shall enlighten your mind, which shall fill your soul with joy;" The Holy Ghost can be a light to guide us through the darkness and I gave Mary a candle and challenged her to never let her "Light" to go out. She is such a good example of how the Gospel can bring happiness to our lives. She is such a joy and a light to be around. I love her and I am grateful for the opportunity I have had to help her and get to know her.




My Ponderize scripture for this week is D&C 1:23 "That the fulness of my gospel might be proclaimed by the weak and the simple unto the ends of the world, and before kings and rulers." #Ponderize 

Much love, XOXO

~Sister Kayla Marie Willis 


Sister Kayla Willis
1508 Luci Mae Drive 
Flatwoods, KY 41139


We found an English phone booth!





1 comment: