Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Making My Way to West Virginia

Lots has happened this week.
Sister Hannah and I - She is My Second Mom

Lexie and I

Angela and I - she doesn't like to smile

First of all, I am being Transferred. I am sad to leave Ashland, Kentucky, because this is like my home now! But I know that my work here is done, and that God needs me somewhere else. I am going to Elkins, West Virginia! I am very excited. I have learned so much over the last 6 months and I can't wait to go and apply it into my new area and into my teaching. The Lord has really taught me to be humble and patient these past few transfers. He is stretching me in every way possible. But I know that I will come away a better person and I want to leave a positive ripple effect everywhere I go. The things I do in an area effects everything. It effects the Ward and how they treat missionary work. It effects the missionaries that come after me and it can also effect the investigators. It can effect everything!


#selfie With the Selfie Stick


Emily and I - My
Favorite


Digging Underneath Mary's House











I have had to say goodbye to a lot of people, and it has been hard. But I left them with my testimony. I know that this Gospel is true! I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and that this truly is the Restored Gospel on the earth today. I am so grateful for the knowledge that we have that families can be together forever. I am so grateful for temples and for the covenants we make with God when we go there, and I know that when we keep those covenants we will be able to have eternal joy and live with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ again.


Amy, Eevee and I

Amy and I



I am so grateful for the Christmas Season and for this time we have to celebrate the birth of our Savior. There is such a special spirit that is in the air this time of year, if we look for it. I would like to challenge each and every one of you to think of something you can do this Season to remember Jesus Christ. I remember Him by wearing His name over my heart and by representing Him. I strive everyday to act as He would act and say what He would say. I pray with all my energy of heart to be filled with Christlike love towards others. I know that by remembering Him and His birth, we will have a Joy filled Christmas. 

#Ponderize my favorite scripture: Isaiah 41:10 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

December in Kentucky This Year - No Snow

~Sister Kayla Marie Willis
Our District - plus the STLs

No comments:

Post a Comment