Monday, March 21, 2016

Baptism Week

Hello my friends,
I LOVE Virginia - taken at my half way mark

This is a BIG week! So, remember Steve? From my last area? He's awesome! HE'S GETTING BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY! Sister Roberts just emailed me today and told me that he is ready and scheduled for Saturday, the 26th. I am SO excited for him! I have never before seen someone so truly converted to the gospel and so willing to make changes in their life to follow our Savior, Jesus Christ. Steve did the Stop Smoking Program twice to stop chewing, and now he says that he has no desire to chew! THE GOSPEL DOES CHANGE HEARTS. He has truly become converted to the Gospel and I know he will be a great, strong member! I am super sad that I can't be there for the baptism, but I know that it will be a special day that he will never forget! I love Steve!
I Found the Promised Land

We Don't Get Out to Appomattox Very Often
We will also be having a baptism here in Lynchburg this week! WHAT?! Baptisms all around. That's because the West Virginia Charleston Mission is a Baptizing Mission! :)  We teach repentance and baptize converts. Sister Alligood and I are helping Seif prepare for baptism on Friday! So the story with Seif is, he is German and he was born in Egypt. He had a sister who was baptized a member of the church and while Seif was in Germany he started learning about the church. Soon after he started learning about the church, Seif's sister passed away and he lost contact with the church. Then later, this past January, he was able to contact the missionaries here in Lynchburg! The Sisters started teaching him and he has been at church every week since! His wife Jackie is a Christian and is willing to listen to our lessons, but she doesn't have any desire to come to church. Seif wants his wife and his children to participate in the many blessings that the gospel brings, and he is hoping and praying that someday his wife will be baptized, along with his two children.

Virginia
This week we got to go around more of Lynchburg and I have met lots of crazy people. The people here are just crazy! (in a wonderful way) I love Virginia! We have been trackting a lot, trying to meet new people and find new investigators. On Friday we participated in a Chicken Run! Oh my. So a few weeks ago, there was a Tornado out here, in Appomattox, that did some pretty good damage to some of the members homes that live out that way. One of the members asked us to come by and to help them burn wood. Of course, Sister Alligood jumped with enthusiasm because of course, she would LOVE to burn some wood. She is hilarious. So we go out to their home, and they are burning wood and building a chicken coop. Where are the chickens? We asked them. Soon after than we were stuffed into a truck and driving down the highway to pick up their chickens from a friend who was keeping them while they were fixing their house. We had to pick up the chickens and put them in a cage and then take them to the truck. We did this twice to get all the chickens back home safely. It was interesting, I have never picked up a chicken before. But we are friends now. It was fun.  
Chickens and I are Friends 

#Ponderize 3 Nephi 5:13 "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."

I love y'all, I love the Lord, and I love my mission!

XOXOXO

~Sister Kayla Marie Willis
Virginia License Plate

Virginia is For Lovers...


So I accidentally gave y'all the wrong address last week, sorry! I forgot to put the apartment number. Here is the correct address:

Sister Kayla Willis
410 Alta Lane #11
Lynchburg, VA 24502
Virginia is Really Pretty

More Virginia

And There's More

No comments:

Post a Comment