Monday, November 30, 2015

#ASaviorIsBorn

How can it be this time of year already? This is crazy. This week has been amazing!!



After Thanksgiving Dinner

Granny June's Tree After We Finished
First of all, yesterday the church came out with the Christmas Initiative for this year. It is a little 2 minute video and it is the cutest thing! Please stop whatever you're doing and go onto lds.organd share the video with the hashtag, #ASaviorIsBorn. Post the video on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and whatever else that is new cool in the real world. Share this message video with everyone! It is such a great and simple way to share the true spirit and to remember the reason for the season.

Thanksgiving was great, but weird because I was not with family. We played flag football in the morning and we had dinner and got to visit some of our friends who didn't have anyone to be with on thanksgiving. I hope you all had a great thanksgiving and remembered what you are thankful for!
Thanksgiving Day with Sierra, Audrey, and Adrianna
More Pictures After Dinner
Sister Farnsworth and I had a VERY SCARY experience this last week. I was the most scared I have ever been on my mission. We were walking around, because we were having a car fast (where we don't use the car all day) and we stopped in a park to eat and make some phone calls. We were sitting on a park bench and we were there for about 45 minutes. It was a little cold that day and I was walking over to a trash can to throw something away and this guy comes across the street and starts talking to me. Sister Farnsworth was on the phone. They guy asked me if we wanted to come over and have a cup of coffee, and I told him that we don't drink coffee, but that after Sister Farnsworth is off the phone we can come by and say hi. So after she was off the phone we started walking over. I felt weird about it from the beginning, but I ignored my uneasy feelings. 
More Pictures

Sandy, Who Made Thanksgiving Dinner

We walked into the house and as soon as we walked through the door, the spirit was gone. It was the worst feeling ever! I felt dark, and dirty and horrible. There were two men inside this house, they were drinking and smoking. The one who invited us said that his wife was home, but we never saw her. They kept inviting us to sit down but we said no. We were not there for more than five minutes, but it was so scary. Afterwards, Sister Farnsworth told me that she was ready to bolt and she felt uneasy about going inside too. It was a blessing to have the spirit leave us to warn us of what could have been a really bad situation! Don't worry I am safe :)


And More

We had an AWESOME lesson with our investigator, Susan. I don't think I have mentioned her in a while, but we have started to see her a lot again and it has been great! I am so excited for her! We brought a member, Sister Blake, to come with us to see Susan and her husband, Travis. We had a great lesson and Sister Blake shared her testimony of the Temple and how she knew that she wanted her kids to have the blessings of the Temple. The lesson was great and then after we left her house, we received a text from her. It said: "Thank you so much for coming tonight. I really needed it. God spoke to me tonight and I really really want to give this a try. I am wanting to get involved and give it my all. I feel like God is telling me this is right and this is where I need to be." We couldn't believe it. This kind of thing only happens on This Districts! Susan came to church and had a great time! She is so ready and now she is committed to give this her all! It is amazing what the spirit of a member can do!

Sister Farnsworth and I with Lexi before her Baptism

More From After Thanksgiving
We had a baptism this week! Little Lexi. She is 10 and she is so cute! She was so excited to get baptized. Sister Farnsworth volunteered us to do a musical number for the program. That was fun. She played the Piano and I sang. We did When I am Baptized. It was so cute! It is so exciting to see people be excited to follow Jesus Christ and his teachings. I am so grateful to be a missionary and to have this opportunity to serve those who are ready to receive the gospel. I am humbled each day when I hear people pray for me and for my safety. I am so grateful for everything I get to do as a missionary and for all the love I feel for those who I serve. It is really a blessing from my Heavenly Father to feel the amount of love I do for the interesting people in Ashland, Kentucky. 

#Ponderize "And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more." Doctrine and Covenants 78:19
On Exchanges with Sister Brower - She is Shorter than Me



I love you all, and I am so grateful for all the support from my friends and family back home. 
Take care!

~Sister Kayla Marie Willis

Going on a Hike in Kentucky

Going on a Hike in Kentucky-2

Going on a Hike in Kentucky-3

No comments:

Post a Comment