Monday, May 2, 2016

Happy May

Hello my friends, and Happy May! 
Sister Alligood in Lynchburg


Isn't it crazy that the year is half over? AHH slow down!

We had another great week! Well, all my weeks are great, because I just love being a missionary and doing the Lord's work, no matter what trials come my way.  There are always miracles that can be recognized. :) Serving others just brings me so much joy!

Our awesome investigator, John, is still doing awesome! We were able to teach him the Word Of Wisdom and the Law of Tithes and Offerings this week! And they went great. John is so willing to change and so honest with us. As he has been meeting with us, on his own, he has decided to work on his language and stop cursing. This was not something we asked him to do, we actually had not even brought it up with him before it. It is amazing to see his desires to repent, just by changing the way he talks. John was unable to come to church this week, because he had to work, but he is hoping he can come next week! He is so awesome! He has even been reading the Book of Mormon! He has read the first chapter and he is trying to read a chapter every day. It's awesome because he is really trying to gain an understanding while he reads, so he will come to us with questions, it is so awesome! He is so prepared for the gospel. 

Sister Alligood has the Curliest Hair I Have Ever Seen

We had a cool experience yesterday with a less active that we try to visit every week. We had been trying to call her and text her all week without any answer. When we planned for our day Saturday night we did not plan to see her. Then while we were out near the area where she lives, we both felt prompted to go visit her, even though we didn't plan to see her. She wasn't even a back up plan. When we went by to see her, we found her in distress. She had just gotten back from being out of town at a funeral for a family member, and she was struggling with other family matters. She takes care of her two grandsons, and while they were visiting their father, Child Protective Services showed up, and because of a situation their father was involved with, the children were taken away and put into Foster Care. She really needed some support and comfort at that time and that is why we were led to her. We were able to help her out a little bit and she was so grateful that we showed up. The spirit really does lead us to where we need to be so that we can bless lives. MY MISSION IS TO BLESS.
Downtown Lynchburg #1

Downtown Lynchburg #2



I love being a missionary and being able to
 serve in this mission. Bringing souls unto Christ really has brought me so much happiness and it has brought me closer to my father in Heaven. 



#Ponderize Mosiah 26:18-21 

18 Yea, blessed is this people who are willing to bear my name; for in my name shall they be called; and they are mine.
19 And because thou hast inquired of me concerning the transgressor, thou art blessed.
20 Thou art my servant; and I covenant with thee that thou shalt have eternal life; and thou shalt serve me and go forth in my name, and shalt gather together my sheep.
21 And he that will hear my voice shall be my sheep; and him shall ye receive into the church, and him will I also receive.

A Pipe Broke on our Way Home - Spraying Dirt and Rocks Everywhere


I sure do love y'all!!

XOXOXO

~Sister Kayla Marie Willis

410 Alta Lane #11
Lynchburg, VA 24502
Rainy Day in Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment