Monday, May 9, 2016

Taught by MY Mother

Happy Mothers Day to all the wonderful moms out there, and to all the women in my life! 

Happy Mother's Day!  Love you, Mom


I am grateful for all the Teachers and Young Woman Leaders who have played a part in my learning in the gospel. I am grateful for the moms and families that are supporting me and my mission. I am grateful for all the "moms" that I have out here, and for their willingness to make me feel right at home and to serve me. I am grateful for my grandma and for all the love she has for me and all that she does. Most of all to my amazing mom. Mom, I love you so much, thank you for serving a Mission and for being the great example of living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have been taught by a wonderful mother, and you still teach me! I am so glad you are the one who got to be my mom! The things you have taught me reminds me the 2000 stripling warriors in the Book of Mormon. They had to fight the Lamanites and they were not afraid. Their mothers had taught them of God and they knew that because of what their mothers had taught them, God would be there to protect them. I am grateful to also have a mother, who has taught me about God, and that I know that Heavenly Father will always be there for me to watch over and protect me.
Keltsey's Birthday


Mother's Day
I got to Skype my family yesterday, which was great! It's so weird to do, but it is so good! I also got to see one of my best friends! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELTSEY! I sure do love you! I hope you're birthday was filled with joy and goodness :) you're just the cutest.

This week seemed to be very long, I don't really understand why. But none the less, it was pretty good. We were pretty disappointed though, our investigator John, slept in and didn't make it to church. Hopefully he can come next week! 
READ ME!!!


We had a pretty interesting experience with a family we went to see thing week. They are an agnostic family, so they speculate the belief that there is a God. They wanted a Book of Mormon and we went back to see them. It was just crazy. They came at us with all this anti-Mormon stuff. I am not really sure what they were trying to do, but the funny thing is, is that it just strengthens my testimony even more! I know that this Gospel is true! I know the Joseph Smith was a true prophet. I know that fear and doubt are the opposites of faith, and that is why the people that doubt are so confused. Satan is trying so hard to fill our hearts with doubt and confusion. I know that this is true and what we teach (the doctrine of Christ) is how we are truly saved.
This is probably the hardest area's of my mission so far, but I really do love it. I love the challenge, because there is room to grow. I am so grateful to be serving here at this time with Sister Alligood. I am very grateful for the ward and the people we are working with. I LOVE Virginia, and I am so grateful to be here as a servant of the Lord :) I love being a missionary!

So Excited for New Pamphlets - #missionarynerd



















#Ponderize Alma 56:47-48
47 Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty‍ of their fathers‍ than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
Tools for the Missionary - Collection of Stuff in My Bag

 48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do‍ not doubt our mothers knew it.
I sure do love y'all!!

XOXOXO
Virginia is SO Green 

Anna, Sister Alligood 

Sister Alligood and I 


Just in the Car

I Really Like this Book - It is So True
~Sister Kayla Marie Willis
410 Alta Lane #11
Lynchburg, VA 24502




Cool Building in Downtown Lynchburg - don't go there at night



1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your comments about your mom. I got to see here last week when I visited my mom in Utah. We went across the street to the chapel for a small gathering where McKenna opened up her missionary letter. She is going to the Rancho Cucamonga mission. It's in California, near Los Angeles. Glad you are enjoying your mission. You are a real powerhouse of enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete