Monday, May 16, 2016

"have done with lesser things"

What an awesome week!!
Exchanges in Lexington with Sister Tafea


Our investigator John, came to church yesterday! Super awesome, and we had an amazing lesson with him on Baptism. He is so ready! Sister Alligood and I were having a hard time trying to decide if we should still try to help him prepare for June 4th to be baptized or if he needs more time. After talking to Tom (our ward mission leader, and he is also our fellow shipper or friend for John) he told us something that John told him while they were talking after a lesson we had. Tom told us that John was telling him about how when we share our experiences, it seems so real to him. And as John continues to learn and study, he is realized that IT IS REAL. Friends, the Gospel is TRUE and the spirit is REAL! I am so excited for John.
I Love Sister Tafea

This week we had Zone Conferences with President and Sister Salisbury and it was wonderful! I know that I am truly meant to be in this mission and to be serving with them. President Salisbury talked a lot to us about the things we need to "have done with". We sang the Hymn, "Rise Up, O Men of God". The first verse goes:

"Rise up, O men of God!
Have done with lesser things.
Give heart and soul and mind and strength
To serve the King of Kings."
We Went Exploring on a Bridge


President Salisbury wanted us to focus on the second line: "Have done with lesser things." He gave us each a note card to write down the things we need to change. It was SO cool as we learned how we can be better missionaries and to stick to the Doctrine of Christ while we teach. But what was even better was how the spirit guided us to know the things that we need to change and do away with. I love my mission and know that striving to be better each and every day will bless me, my companion, the people I serve, and my family. I love this work!

We also went on exchanges this week, after our Zone Conference. I stayed out in Lexington with Sister Tafea. She actually came out with me, and she is awesome! :) Their car was in the shop, so we had to walk everywhere... and it was so hot and humid! AHH. But don't worry I am still alive.. its crazy how all of a sudden I can't deal with heat, because of the humidity! Anyways, it was fun, we didn't get to teach very many people, but we did get to talk a lot as we walked. It was good!

Tracting in a Trailer Park - Gotta Love It
#Ponderize Mosiah 4:9-10
9 Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created‍ all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend‍ all the things which the Lord can comprehend.
10 And again, believe that ye must repent‍ of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity‍ of heart that he would forgive‍ you; and now, if you believe‍ all these things see that ye do‍ them.

Love you friends!

XOXOXO

~Sister Kayla Marie Willis

The mail box has been kind of empty lately... :)

410 Alta Lane #11
Lynchburg, VA 24502

No comments:

Post a Comment