Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Mission Babies

Hi friends,
Mustache Missionaries


We have seriously had a crazy, busy, fantastic week :) so obviously I am not pregnant. But as missionaries we have weird lingo. So your first companion, your trainer, is your mom/dad depending on if it's a sister or an elder. So the new missionary is the 'baby' to the trainer. So everyone, I'm having a baby! A missionary baby :) Sister Alligood and I were riding up to a meeting with a member and some other sisters, when President Salisbury called us. I immediately freaked out, because President Salisbury doesn't just call anybody for no reason! (I know, I am a spaz.) President Salisbury asked to talk to me, and he extended the call to me of being a Trainer for a new missionary. I accepted his call and he told me that there was only one new Sister coming into the mission this Transfer, and so he said that he has great trust and confidence in me that I will be able to be an example of obedience and diligence to the new missionary. Whoa. I was a little overwhelmed. Training a new missionary is a HUGE deal. A missionary's first companion has a lasting influence on the rest of their mission. No one could ever be better than my Trainer (shout out to you Sister Lively, you are my Sister at heart) but I am so grateful for her example to me, of getting me where I am today and helping me become who I am. I know that the Lord will be with me, to guide me so that my companion and I will be able to grow together.
I Made a Welcome Sign for the New Sister


My current companion, Sister Alligood goes home on Friday! (Transfers are tomorrow, and she will stay the night in Charleston, and then her flight leaves Friday) It has been sad to see her pack her things to leave the WVCM (AKA the best mission in the world) for good, but I am so grateful for this time I have had to serve with her, here in Lynchburg. She has blessed my life in more ways than she may even realize. I will never forget all the times we sang Disney Songs (mostly the songs from Frozen and Hercules because they are the best) and for all her hilarious jokes. Sister Alligood has taught me in more ways than one, what it means to truly love someone. She is such a great example of charity and kindness to everyone she meets. Seeing her go makes me scared to go home; wait, never mind, I am staying here forever :) It is a bitter sweet experience. But I am so grateful that she made the decision  to serve a mission and to bless the lives of those she served and to also bless mine :)

Sister Alligood's Last Zone Meeting

Our investigator John is doing SO well!! WOW! We know that Satan has been working so hard on him, but he is coming off conquerer! :) We had a very powerful lesson with John at the church with a couple members. We talked about the importance of Personal Study and of Sabbath Day observance. Along with talking about the Sabbath Day, we told him a story. Back in November we had a General Authority come to the mission to talk to us, his name was Elder Kopischke. He promised us that if we took a question that we had to church, and listened to the spirit during Sacrament Meeting and the classes, that it would be answered. Elder Kopischke also promised us that if we promised that to our investigators that it would be answered. I have promised this to investigators before and the question is always answered! So we told John this and then committed him to bring a question that he had to church. He told us right away that he does have a question and it is a really important question. We promised that it would be answered when he comes to church. And guess what, HE CAME. So we set up a time to see him on Monday, and we ask him about his question. John told us that he is pretty sure that it was answered, but he is stubborn so he wanted to ask us. He started getting emotional as he asked us his question, "Am I being selfish, if I am doing this so I can be with my Grandma again?" Picture this: a very big man, over 6 feet tall, with tears were rolling down his checks. The spirit was so strong as we immediately all started testifying of temples and eternal families. John cried even harder. We assured John that he wasn't being selfish, and that his Grandma probably very proud of him, watching out for him from the spirit world. It was an AMAZING lesson. It is one of my top 3 favorite lessons on the mission. I am SOOOO grateful for the spirit and for it leading and guiding us to know what we needed to do to help John. I am also very grateful for the 'ministering of angels' that prepare the hearts of the people, so that they are prepared to receive the Lord's message from us. I LOVE MY MISSION.

I Just Really Like Virginia

















#Ponderize 1 Nephi 3:7 "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will‍ go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments‍ unto the children of men, save he shall prepare‍ a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." This is actually Sister Alligood's favorite scripture. I am relating it to me in my situation, as I have been called to be a trainer. I may feel inadequate and anxious, but I know that the Lord qualifies those He calls. He would never give us a commandment, without preparing a way for us to be able to follow it.

I Love Cloudy Days the Most
Saw This on the Back of a Car and Had to Take a Picture



Just for Fun


Selfie with some favorite Lynchburg ladies, Sister Davids and Sister George

I LOVE Virginia


Love you all so much!

XOXOXO

~Sister Kayla Marie Willis

I'm still here!
410 Alta Lane #11
Lynchburg, VA 24502

No comments:

Post a Comment