Monday, June 20, 2016

Strengthened by the Atonement of Christ

What an amazing week, full of miracles!
One Year Mark


When We Got Our Car Back

As I said in my last email, we didn't have a car this week! But hey, soon we will be getting a brand new car! So that is cool. We spent a lot of time walking. It was hard, and what makes things even harder, is that we don't even live in our area! We have to walk about 10 minutes to get into our area where we can actually do missionary work. I learned a lot from this experience though. The whole reason that we didn't have a car, was because there were scratches all over it from previous Sisters that drove the car. We weren't the ones who caused the damage, but we were the ones who had to pay for it. It makes me think about the Savior and for what he did for us. He took on every pain, every heartache and every iniquity for all the mistakes that we have had, and he paid for it. He took the damage that we had caused, and fixed it. Because of this experience, I have gained a little more understanding about the Atonement and what it must have been like for the Savior. I could see Heavenly Father blessing us and watching over us, because it was very hot, and we walked a lot. We spent lots of time tracting, and it was hard! But we didn't ever get too hot, we didn't get dehydrated, and we always had the strength we needed. I know that we were given the strength that we needed. I know that because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, he can take on the pains and hardships that we feel and give us the strength that we need to overcome them.  
Happy Father's Day

Our investigator, John, is doing amazing! HE'S GETTING BAPTIZED ON JULY 2ND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I am such a spaz, but I am seriously just so excited. :) He just had his baptism interview this week. We also had an amazing lesson with him about family history and
 Temples and he just loved it!! We invited Brother and Sister Mays to come to this lesson with us and it was so cool because Brother Mays actually had the key to the family history center! So we were able to take John in to show him around! Ah, it was SO cool. The lesson was amazing and John just understood it so well! He was very excited and enthusiastic to start doing family history. We set up an appointment to meet him in the family history center, to help get him started and he said he couldn't wait! The spirit of Elijah has touched his heart :) We also gave him a challenge that would help him throughout the next couple weeks before he is baptized. We challenged him to finish reading the whole Book of Mormon before he is baptized! He said that he would!! I am SO excited.
I LOVE Missionary Work


One last thing, Sister Wevers and I were walking outside this morning for exercise and we were walking past this apartment complex that has a huge dumpster in front of it. Well, as we passed by this dumpster, we saw a raccoon sitting in it eating something in the trash! A real raccoon! WOW. We stopped and I took some pictures of it with the phone, haha it was cute, but I think we really freaked it out.

#Ponderize 1 Nephi 16:29 "And there was also written upon them a new writing, which was plain to be read, which did give us understanding concerning the ways of the Lord; and it was written and changed from time to time, according to the faith and diligence which we gave unto it. And thus we see that by small means the Lord can bring about great things."
Part of My Missionary Family Tree - Sister Farnsworth, My First Baby and Sister Lively,
My Mom


Love you all so much! Have a fantastic week!


~Sister Kayla Marie Willis

410 Alta Lane #11
Lynchburg, VA 24502




Missionary Tan Line 1

Missionary Tan Line 2

Only 6 Months Left?

Only 6 Months Left 2


Only 6 Months Left 3

Only 6 Months Left 4

Sister Keller and I on Exchanges - I Love Her



No comments:

Post a Comment