Friday, September 2, 2016

Companions Reunite

Hi friends! 
Sunday Funday


Okay, so everything going on has been crazy! But, I got to Christiansburg, and hopefully I haven't taken any bed bugs with me :) no signs yet, so I think I am safe! I love it here! Christiansburg is a smaller town than Lynchburg (but everything is smaller than Lynchburg haha) and it is so cute! Everything is a lot closer together which is nice :) So far, I have met a few of the members and recent converts here. There are so many people to work with - with tons of potential and I am very excited to be a part of it! I am also very excited to be with Sister Miller again! We were in a Trio together in the MTC. She is amazing! She is so sweet and she really loves the Lord and the people. I am also so excited to be here because one of my Trainee's (Sister Farnsworth) just served here! She is amazing and I am defiantly standing on her shoulders! I am so grateful for all she has done here and I am excited to serve in this part of the Lord's Vineyard!
Reunited with Sister Miller - Comps Again


We are already seeing miracles! Yesterday, we got stuck at church for longer than we had hoped, because we asked for a ride because we don't have too many miles left for the rest of the month. We finally got home and we didn't have too much time, and the appointments that we had set for yesterday ended up not working out. So Sister Miller and I made some phone calls, and then it was 8:30 and then we said, "Okay, we are going to go work in this neighborhood for 20 minutes, and we are going to see a miracle!" So we got out, and walked to this neighborhood. The first two houses we knocked on had no answer, but we were walking up to the third door when the woman actually pulled up to her house in her car! (Let me just say, it was awkward don't get me wrong, but it would have been even more awkward if we didn't talk to her!) So we start talking to this woman and at first, she is totally against what we have to say. She says she isn't interested and we start talking to her. She told us that she isn't very religious, but that she has tried to study and learn different things about different religions. She told us that she really wants to understand what her purpose is, and "why she is still here". She told us that she has stage 4 cancer and she has still stuck around for 4 years! WOW. What an amazing opportunity to share God's plan, and what our purpose is in life! We are going to see her soon and tell her all about it! :) I am super excited. 

Last Picture with Sister Wevers

I know that the true Gospel has been restored to the earth and that President Thomas S. Monson leads the church on the earth. I know the Book of Mormon is true! I know that it does draw people closer to Jesus Christ. I know that obedience to the commandments of God does bring us Joy. 
My Missionary Family Tree - My Trainees, with their Trainees


I love y'all, and never forget to pray.

~Sister Kayla Marie Willis










Okay, y'all! Here is my new address :) send me mail! 

1389 Dow St. #B
Christiansburg, VA 24073



Hello Blue Ridge Mountains

Saying Goodbye to John 

Saying Goodbye to John 2

No comments:

Post a Comment