Saturday, August 27, 2016

Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite


When Missionaries Open the Mailbox...Where's the Mail?

Hello, hello my family and friends!

As y'all know, this week is transfers! Sadly, I am going to be leaving Lynchburg :( I love it here! But I know I am going to be leaving it in good hands! Sister Wevers' hands :) she just finished with her training, and she is going to be training a brand new missionary! I am so proud of her! As for me... I have been assigned to serve as a Sister Training Leader, (its like the sister version of a Zone Leader) and I am going to be going to Christiansburg, VA! I will actually be serving with one of my MTC companions! Sister Miller! I am so excited to be with her again :) I know it will be a great transfer! 

Sister Weavers and I on the Mountain

Mullins Family

Kaela and Dillon

Wow, serving in Lynchburg has been such a blessing! I LOVE this area and everyone in it, I am sad to go, but I know that I am leaving it in good hands :) I am so excited for Sister Wevers! She is amazing and I have seen her change and grow so much! I am so so grateful for all that she has taught me and for this opportunity I have had to serve with her and to help train her! We both have grown a lot and seen miracles together.

This week has been full of miracles and joy! Missionary work brings me so much joy and I am so grateful for every second! We saw some HUGE progression with Kaela and Dillon! DILLON ACTUALLY PRAYED OUT LOUD! Every single time we meet, we ask him to say a prayer, and he always says he isn't ready. But on Monday, we asked him and he said he

 would. It was beautiful!! As he prayed, he talked about how he has come a long way, and he is grateful for the progress he has been making. He also thanked God for the lessons and for all that he has been learning! It was so cool to be there! What a powerful experience :) I am so grateful for the time I have had to teach them and serve them! They are AMAZING! Kaela also told me that Sister Wevers and I are her favorite missionaries! So that is pretty cool!

We were also able to meet with The Mullins Family, and John (our recent convert) was there! It was amazing! We asked John to share his testimony with us and his parents, so he wrote it down and read it to us. It was such a special experience to see the ripple effect of our efforts and how it has changed his life for the better, and how it is touching and changing his parents as well! I love that family and they will always have a special place in my heart! I hope and pray that someday John's parents are able to enter into the waters of baptism :) and that they may be able to be sealed as a family for time and all eternity! That is what its all about! I am going to miss Paul and Cheryl and John deeply, but I am so grateful for this time I have had with them. I know without a doubt that I was supposed to serve here so that I could find John and teach him and help him be baptized. I have had the spirit testify it to me many times, that this is one of the reasons that I was sent here. I know that this is the Lord's work and that He is in charge, and I also know that everything happens for a reason.

No LU, go BYU with the Forest Sisters

I really am sad to leave this area, but I know that there are still good things ahead :) I am also excited/nervous about my new calling, but I know from experience, that the Lord does qualify those he calls. I know that he will help me, and I do not need to be afraid. I keep reciting the first line of my favorite scripture in my mind; "Fear thou not" (Isaiah 40:10) I am just putting my trust and faith in Heavenly Father and I know He will help me. A companion I had once told me, "When you worry, Faith goes out the window" and its true. I know that as I keep my faith in my Heavenly Father, everything will work out exactly as it is supposed to. I don't need to worry or be scared, because "With God nothing shall be impossible" (Luke 1:37
Bed Bugs, I am Coming For You

Okay, so y'all are probably wondering by now why I wrote, "Don't Let The Bed Bugs Bite" in the subject line......... Well, there is only one thing that I will miss about Lynchburg, and that is our apartment. First we don't have a working A/C for a whole month, and now we have bed bugs!!! Yep. Bed bugs! I have bites all over. On my legs, my arms, and even my neck.. Sunday night we were at a members house asking about these bites I had all over me and the member told us that it must be bed bugs. Well, okay, first thing y'all need to know is, I didn't even know bed bugs were a real thing! I honestly thought that it was just like a cute little saying. Ya know, people would say "good, night sleep tight" and I thought they would say, "don't let the bed bugs bight" just because it rhymed.... Well no! They are real just in case you are wondering because first thing we did on Monday morning is we stripped our beds and we found one on my mattress! AHHHHH! They get bigger after they have been sucking your blood and this one we found was bigger than it was supposed to be, so that is one that had been biting me! EW! Anyways, Sister Wevers and I have been spending a lot of time, cleaning, washing clothes, and spraying literally EVERYTHING in the apartment with bed bug killer. It stinks, and we have to hang out clothes up to dry after we use it, but if it works, it will all be worth it... Pray that after all of this that I won't take any to my new area with me!
Bed Bug that Was on My Mattress


Love y'all tons! And seriously, don't let the bed bugs bite!

~Sister Kayla Marie Willis
The View from Liberty Mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment