Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy 2016

Happy New Year, friends!

Because I'm Numba 1

I hope everyone had a safe New Years. We had to be in by 6:00 p.m. We came in early and spent the night doing our weekly planning. We also were not allowed to stay up and 'welcome the new year'. It is all part of being set apart missionaries and that we have to live and obey a higher law. 

This week we had an interesting encounter with a Jehovah's Witness. We were contacting a referral we had received and turns out, he was a Jehovah's Witness. It was interesting to talk to him and he wanted to fight with us. As a missionary, I can't fight or become contentious, because I am a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. Contention also drives the Spirit away. In these kinds of situations, we have to simply bare our testimony that we know that these things are true. People can try to fight with us, make us upset or frustrated, but the only thing we can do is simply bare our testimony. I KNOW that this Gospel is true and I KNOW that the Book of Mormon is the most correct book on earth. I KNOW that Joseph Smith was a true Prophet and that Jesus Christ Restored His true church on the Earth through him. We left on good terms with this man, but it just strengthens my faith even more, because I know people wouldn't be out there trying to prove this gospel to be wrong, if it wasn't true. THE CHURCH IS TRUE!

Elkins is Really Cloudy


This week I had some really cool studies. I read through the Missionary Handbook and highlighted all the promises found in it. Even just on the first page of the Introduction it says, "This handbook contains the basic standards of missionary service and conduct approved by the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. Follow these standards. They WILL help you magnify your calling protect you physically and spiritually." Any time it says "will" it is a promise! I highlight my Preach My Gospel in red every time I see the word "will". I am promised so many things as I am obedient to the all standards in the Missionary Handbook. These blessings are only conditional to my obedience and diligence to living the higher law. I want to be able to obtain all the blessings that Heavenly Father has in store for me, so I keep the promises in mind as I strive everyday to be obedient. 

I hope that this new year that we will all strive to be better, to keep the commandments, remember our baptismal covenants, repent continually and remember the Savior in all things.

#Ponderize Doctrine and Covenants 130:21 "And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated."

~Sister Kayla Marie Willis

Route 3 Box 518 B
Elkins, WV 26241

No comments:

Post a Comment