Monday, August 8, 2016

Righteous Desires

A Cute Basket Made for the Mullins Family

Greetings from Virginia,

Things are going well down here in land of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Sister Wevers and I tried doing this really intense workout.... its called the 100 workout... I have never been so sore in my life! So if you like being so sore it hurts to stand up, sit down, walk up or downstairs, move or breath, try it! 

We haven't had too many crazy things happen lately, we have just been trying find! Knocking on doors all day :) We are so good, we could be saleswomen :) haha. Anyway, we have a couple of cool families that we found that seem like they are interested! We are excited about that. We have also been able to see the Mullins' this week. We brought a 'get well' basket to them, because Paul hasn't been doing too well this week. But it is amazing to see how happy and positive they are about everything, even if bad things are happening :) it makes me want to be better and more positive. We have been trying to help them to be able to understand the Restoration. Once someone really understands the Restoration of the Gospel, they can understand and accept the other truths of the Gospel.
Miget - Of course I am going to take a Picture

Kaela and Dillon came to 
church again! They are so awesome. I don't know how much I have told y'all about them, but they are awesome. They have been dating for 3 years and right now they are living with Kaela's mom. Kaela actually has muscular dystrophy, and so she is in a wheel chair. They haven't really attended one specific church, but they have really enjoyed being able to learn with us! They are loving church, and they started reading and praying almost every day! It has been amazing to see their progression. They are changing and that is the process of conversion! In the Webster's Dictionary under Conversion it says:

[conversion] n. a change in nature or form.

Sister Wevers and I - I love her
Hearts are changing and Heavenly Father is blessing us!
We had an amazing meeting this last week, and we talked a lot about our desires, and a scripture in Psalms. I reflected upon what my desires are and what I need to do to have those desires granted unto me. A desire is something that you want with all of your heart, it is almost like a longing. Desires are also related to faith, as our faith increases our desires become more righteous. I am working on trying to increase my faith, so that I may be able to have more righteous desires, in missionary work.I know that this is truly the Lord's work, and that as I increase my faith, he will give me the desires of my heart.











#Ponderize 

Psalms 37:4 "Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."
Love y'all!



~Sister Kayla Marie Willis
410 Alta Lane #11
Lynchburg, VA 24502
The Basket We Created

Fields of Wildflowers are My Favorite

No comments:

Post a Comment