Wednesday, August 17, 2016

VISION QUEST: Becoming



Hello!

Okay... So you will never guess what happened.... Read the story to find out :)

Sister Weavers and I in our Sunday Best

Sister Wevers and I had some time before our dinner appointment and so we tried to contact a new investigator that we picked up this week so that we could set up another lesson with them. We pull up to their house and park on the side of the road and then we say a prayer. After we said the prayer, we look over at the house, and we see this dog in their yard. We didn't even know they had a dog! So The dog is just chilling there and we get out of the car and start walking towards the door. For those of you that don't know this, I am not really used to dogs, especially big dogs. I don't really like them much. So I am just thinking to myself, "Okay, they can smell fear, Sister Willis. Stay calm, just walk up to the door. Everything will be fine!" You know, I am just trying to give myself a mental pep talk here. I am walking in front of Sister Wevers and the dog starts barking at me. I ignore it for a minute, still trying to stay calm, and then out of no where, this dog (we are pretty sure it was a pit bull or at least a pit bull mix) starts bearing down his teeth at me! He showed his teeth and made some intimidating noises and I was out of there! I ran back to the car and hoped in, with Sister Wevers close behind me. It was scary! That dog would have bit me or attacked me! I am just glad that the Lord protects His missionaries. He sure blessed us with safety!
I got a New Dress from Sister Elder

We had a pretty good week, we have been trying to see Kaela and Dillon. They have been to church 4 times now! It is so awesome! They are also reading  from the Book of Mormon. We spent some time this week and read with them, because they had some questions about it. Dillon told us that after we read and explained some of the things going on, it made so much more sense to him! He explained it to us as before, when he didn't understand super well, it seemed like he was watching a budget film, where some guys got together one day and said, 'hey lets make a movie in the backyard!' Then after we explained more of the back ground and what was going on, he felt like he was watching an IMax movie! I liked that analogy :) It is amazing to see the hearts that are changing right before our eyes! 

We got to meet together with our mission President and his wife this week for Zone Conference! It was amazing!!! It was the best Zone Conference I have been to on my mission. My absolute favorite one! I learned SO MUCH. The spirit was SO STRONG. And I feel such a huge increase of love for my Father in Heaven and His work. 
We Had a Party, Drawing on the Table at our Dinner Appointment

Driving in the Country - You Never Know What You are Going to Find Around the Corner

We did an activity our Mission President calls, "A Vision Quest." We talked a lot about who we are and how we can truly become who Heavenly Father wants us to become. I LOVED it. It really helped me think about who I am and who I want to become. I know that Heavenly Father loves me, and that I was sent on this mission at this time, for this reason. I know that this is his work and that he labors with me. I know that He has great expectations for me and that I can accomplish anything with his help.

#Ponderize Nephi 5:13 "Behold, I AM a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."

Love y'all so much! See you next Wednesday :) 

~Sister Kayla Marie Willis
The Spider that Was on Our Mirror




( I think I am going to get Transferred next week, so if any of y'all write me, send it to the mission office.)



888 Oakwood Road Suit 310
Charleston, WV 25314
Table Graffiti

No comments:

Post a Comment