Friday, December 23, 2016

Come to Bethlehem and See

Hello and Merry Christmas!! There is still no snow here :( no one wants snow except for me haha. I just want a White Christmas! (In all ways!)

Last Picture of Eleanor Before She Left for DC

So this week was super! Sister Nelson and I were back to full health on Wednesday so that worked out nicely for us! Also, thank you to my sweet YSA ward for sending a package at just the right time! That made my day :) Oh Christmas, it is such a marvelous time because people have their hearts softened to the Gospel.
I have been thinking about this scripture lately.
"Lift up your head and be of good cheer; for behold, the time is at hand, and on this night shall the sign be given, and on the morrow come I into the world, to show unto the world that I will fulfill all that which I have caused to be spoken by the mouth of my holy prophets." - 3 Nephi 1:13

Giant Nativity Scene in Front of Someone's House

Christ has come into the world. He came into the world to bring us hope, peace and light. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ. For the example he set for us of love and of service. I love this time of year! And I especially love the Christmas Hymns. It's defintely not the same, to not have my Dad's huge collection of Christmas music playing in the rooms of our house. I have recently been thinking of the last verse of my favorite Christmas Hymn, "Angels We Have Heard On High"
"Come to Bethlehem and see
Him whose birth the angels sing;
Come, adore on bended knee
Christ the Lord, the newborn King."

Sister Nelson and I at the Ward Christmas Party

I love how it says "COME to Bethlehem and see". The Savior told his disciples to "Come, follow me". He also invites us to "come" unto Him. I love this. As we "come" unto Christ we become more like Him. We can become better versions of ourselves. Our weaknesses can be made strengths and we can be cleansed from our sins. I love this gospel and the invitation that Christ gives to us, to "come". This holiday season, I hope and pray that we can all "come" closer to Him, by remembering why we celebrate Christmas and why it is important.
Sister Nelson and I had a really cool experience of the Christmas Spirit softening hearts just last night! Last week in our weekly planning session, we had set the goal to find 3 new investigators this week.
Us on a Not So Cold Day

On Saturday night, we were doing our daily planning and evaluating our goals. We still had not found 3 new investigators, we hadn't found any at all. We both felt that we could reach this goal of 3 new and find a family to teach! This was our vision. So that is what we planned to do on Sunday; the last day of the week. We prayed for it, and kept this goal on our mind as we worked hard on Sunday. In the 8:00 hour, one of our appointments had fallen through, and we hadn't found our family yet. We tried some potentials and worked in their areas and didn't find anyone! The time was 8:40 and so we decided to say a prayer. We told Heavenly Father that we wanted to reach our goals, and find a family tonight. We asked in faith, that we would be able to be led to the place where we would be able to find the family and accomplish our goals. After we said the prayer, Sister Nelson told me of a house that came to her mind, near our home. We went directly to the house and knocked. 3 times we knocked, on the front door and the side door (most people don't use their front door here, strange I know) but no one answered. By this point, it is 8:47 and we could easily have started heading home. But we are determined to find our family! We decided to knock the house right next to it. They let us right in! It was a family! We were able to teach the parents and their 10 year old daughter! What a cool experience of working until the last moment with a vision, putting it into the Lord's hands and seeing the miracle come! :)

Elizabeth at the Christmas Party



xoxoxo
Have a very Merry Christmas!! Don't forget the reason for the season! :)
~Sister Kayla Marie Willis
LAST WEEK TO SEND ME ANYTHING SO IF YOU SLACKED OFF, NOW IS THE TIME!! :)
1389 Dow St. #B
Christiansburg, VA 24073
Day #14 Jesus taught us to clothe the naked - Sister Nelson and I took some clothes to Goodwill! It was super windy that day...


A Great Member of the Christiansburg Ward, Brother Davis - I love this man


Brother Reese Brought us over some homemade Virginian Food.  That is homemade mac'n cheese too.

I Come Downstairs to This on the Table This Morning - I HAVE THE BEST COMPANION EVER!


Sister Nelson and I with the Virginia Tech Mascot, The Hokie

Day #12 Jesus taught others - so we do this all the time - pamphlets help us a lot

Someone Left a Little Stocking on Our Porch...who brought it?


#LIGHTtheWORLD


Day #13 Jesus showed humility - a quote from my Preach My Gospel on humility that I LOVE


Day #15 Jesus worshipped through song - We like hymns

Day #16 Jesus showed compassion - we took sprite and powerade and soup to the YSA Sisters because they were really sick! One of them had the flu.

Day #17 Jesus cared for his mother - one of the suggestions is to call your mom, but I cant... so here -
LOVE YOU MOM

Day #18 Jesus honored the Sabbath - we went to church and took the sacrament
There is drive in movie theater in Christiansburg Startlite - I will have to come back after my mission









No comments:

Post a Comment