Thursday, December 29, 2016

My Greatest Adventure

Hello all,
Sister Nelson and I on Christmas

This will be my last email... But how can that be?  I just figured this whole "mission" thing out!! Just kidding, but really. I feel like it's only been like a month, but its actually been 18 months. Who knew?

Saying Good-bye to Eleanor
Our stellar investigator, Eleanor, is doing so well! She just got back from DC and there she faced a lot of opposition! But she takes it all like a CHAMP!! She was offered to go out drinking with people a couple of different times, but she said no each time! She didn't give into peer pressure and she is sticking up for what she now believes (the gospel) on social media! She is just the coolest! I am excited, because she will be getting baptized in a few weeks. It is so cool to see someone let the Savior into their life, and let him change them for the better. I know that is what the gospel is about. It is about repentance and change.

More Saying Good-bye to Eleanor

Serving a mission is the best decision I have ever made. Being able to be a full time representative of Jesus Christ every day has been SO rewarding! Of course, I was called to the best mission in the world, the West Virginia Charleston Mission! I have been blessed to serve in 4 wonderful areas in 3 different states! Ashland, Kentucky. Elkins, West Virginia. Lynchburg, Virginia. Christiansburg, Virginia. Each of these areas have a special meaning to me, as well as the many people I have met while serving there. I have been blessed with incredible companions, with different backgrounds and experiences, that have each helped me become who I am today. 
I am Going to Miss Virginia

I learned something important from each of my companions, and I want to share just a few of the things I have learned from them:

  • My amazing trainer, Sister Lively, started me out right in missionary work! I learned the importance of Obedience, how we can be blessed from being exactly obedient. I also learned how we can also have fun while we are working, and we defiantly had some fun times! 
Exchanges with the Radford Sisters
  • Sister Farnsworth is such an awesome goal setter! She really helped me to set goals that could stretch me and help me to grow. I really grew so much from being companions with her! I love this skill that I have been able to learn and work on, because it will help me for the rest of my life!
Our District at Church on Christmas Sunday
  • Sister Roberts is my favorite Canadian ever! She is also very connected with her purpose and she is an excellent example of diligence, even when it gets hard! She also taught me a lot studying, and helped me to be better at it! 

  • Sister Allligood taught me about Charity. She loves EVERYONE! No matter what. She is so thoughtful and I love her creativity to show it. She once crocheted me a pair of slippers! :) She showed me that I can love everyone and look for the good in them, even if we are different. 
YSA Exchange
  • Sister Wevers is so WILLING. Willing to change, willing to work, willing to plan, willing to be obedient, and even willing to TRACT! :) She is very humble, because she is willing to do all of these things, even if it is out of her comfort zone. She helped me grow and be more willing to align my will with the Lord's will.
  • Sister Miller was an amazing example to me, of just how significant the power of prayer is. I learned more about prayer, and even how to pray better, with more real intent. That sister can move mountains with a prayer of faith. 
  • Sister Nelson has helped me so much these past few months, but I think the thing that inspires me the most is her desire to increase her faith. I LOVE faith, and together, we have strengthened our faith as we have relied on Heavenly Father in our work. We have truly seen miracles come about because of our faith!
The Best Christmas Gift Ever

There are so many things I wish I could say, but the feelings I have just can't quite be explained. But I can say that I have a testimony of this Gospel. I know it is true! I know that Heavenly Father loves his children. The priesthood power is real. I love the Book of Mormon, it is a true Testament of Jesus Christ! It can truly change hearts. I know that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior, and that He loves us. He lived and died for us, so that we could live again. He suffered for our pains and sickness, so that we could be made whole again. I know that God always keeps his promises (Alma 37:17) and that temple covenants are real. Families can be together forever! Faith can bring about mighty miracles. 
Christmas Brunch with the Burninghams






I know that this is the work of salvation, and I know that The Master of the vineyard labors with us in this great and marvelous work. I love the Lord, I love His people, and I love His work.
Biggest Christmas Tree Ever





This has truly been my greatest adventure of all, and I am so grateful for every minute of every day. 
This is What it has Looked Like...60 Degree Weather Too


Sisters from Spanish Fork - My Peeps


See you soon, xoxo.
Isaiah 41:10

~Sister Kayla Marie Willis














#LIGHTtheWORLD

Day #19 Jesus calmed the storm - we listened to "Master the Tempest is Raging"


Day #20 Jesus saw potential in others - we see potential in others every day as we knock on doors

Day #21 Jesus forgave others - this is my favorite scripture on forgiveness


Day #22 Jesus showed gratitude - I wrote in my gratitude journal


Day #23 Jesus was a peacemaker - Sister Nelson and  I are peacemakers in our companionship


Day #24 Jesus cared for his loved ones - I carry a picture of my family everywhere I go


Day #25 Jesus disciples followed him - we are FULL TIME MISSIONARIES



KEEP LIGHTING THE WORLD!


1 comment: