Saturday, December 3, 2016

#LIGHTtheWORLD

Hello and welcome back to this weeks episode of the "Adventures in West Virginia".   This weeks episode takes place in parts of West Virginia and also Virginia...


Sister Nelson and I got HARRY POTTER shirts because #always

This week was a little crazy and like I wrote, we had to do a lot of traveling... I am SO SICK of sitting in a car for hours and hours :) You last heard from me on Tuesday and so even from Tuesday on it has been crazy. We didn't have any time at the end of our Preparation Day to proselyte, because we had to drive 3 and a half hours up to Charleston, West Virginia for a special MLC (Missionary Leadership Council) with Elder Muers. We stayed with 10 other Sister Training Leaders, and it was a rough night. Well of course we stayed up talking for an hour, because  we are 10 girls and we all are so excited to see everyone, but it was SO cold in that apartment! Oh man, so I couldn't sleep because of that, and my air mattress was slowly loosing air, so it was really loud! 

Haha, well anyways, we had to wake up early to get all ready and then we went to the meeting, which was so good again! I just love Elder Muers! We talked a lot about how well the mission is doing, (WHOOT, WHOOT) and Elder Muers said, "You are already doing so well, so this means that you can get better, faster!" We discussed ways that we can improve the mission and the missionaries. The spirit totally guided the whole meeting, and we came up with some things to teach the rest of the mission so that we can be better and more effective. 
The MLC with Elder Muers

Something that we talked a lot about in the conference was "Uniting Families". So we went to visit one of the recent converts we have been working with. As we were teaching him, we invited everyone in the house to listen, we found 2 new investigators! We started teaching our recent convert's brother, (he has been taught before, but not in a while) and a friend who has been staying with them. It was really cool, and I am grateful for the opportunities that are placed in our paths. I know that as we pray to be able to recognize these opportunities and then ACT, we will see miracles!
Pembroke Zone at the Elder Muers Conference

A really cool scripture that my mission president shared in the Mission Conference last week, was Helaman 10:4  "Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with
 unwearyingness declared the word..." He talked about the word "unwearyness", and how in this scripture, Nephi preached the gospel with unwearyness. Even when he was tired and wore out, and even if it was dark and cold, he was not weary. It made me reflect and ponder. I asked myself, "Am I working with unwearyness? Do I continue to diligently work, in the dark, in the cold, and even when I'm so wore out I don't want to move?" As I pondered, I began to think about Miracles. And I believe that miracles come from DILIGENCE in WEARINESS. That when it is dark, cold and we are so tired and don't want to knock on one more door, that is when blessings come. That is when we see miracles and change lives. That is how we fulfill our purpose :) I LOVE being a missionary and I am grateful for each and every day!

Okay, okay, okay! One last thing :) The church just put out the new Christmas Initiative! (WHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!) It is called #LIGHTtheWORLD and we this year, we need YOUR help! Mormon.org put it better than I could have.... 
SISTER ROBERTS

"Since a new star first appeared above Bethlehem, Christmas has been a season of light, reminding us that Jesus Christ is the light of the world. Together, we can celebrate His birth by making the world a brighter place, just like He did. #LIGHTtheWORLD"
This is based off of these two scriptures:
Matthew 5:14 "Ye are the light of the world." 
John 8:12 "am the light of the world."

I know that we have a light, and we need to share it!

SO....... GO TO https://www.mormon.org/ AND SHARE THIS AWESOME VIDEO :) 

BUT THE FUN DOES NOT STOP THERE. This initiative goes all of the month of December. We are going to #LIGHTtheWORLD In 25 Ways. Over 25 Days. We need to remember what this season is about, and why we celebrate it. The best way to do that, is to follow the example of the Savior, Jesus Christ. This will start December 1st with a kickoff of a World Wide Day of Service :) Go to mormon.org to find out how you can participate. Every day there will be something new to do, so that we can become more like Jesus Christ as we celebrate his birth. I am so excited for this initiative, and I know that as we participate in #LIGHTtheWORLD we will come closer to Jesus Christ, be able to share our light with others, and have the best Christmas yet!

Sister Nelson and I on Thanksgiving - Big Smiles because Full Bellies

I will be doing this everyday, all the things I can do (without breaking mission rules of course) and I hope that you all do too. Let me know how it goes, I would love to hear about you sharing your light with the world :)
Hope y'all had a great 'Thanksgiving! 

The Radford Sisters ate Thanksgiving Dinner with us (Sisters Taylor and Lunt)



I love yall!
xoxoxo
~Sister Kayla Marie Willis

All Christmas cards may be sent here :)
1389 Dow St. #BChristiansburg, VA 24073






























A Nice View in Christiansburg


No comments:

Post a Comment