Monday, February 22, 2016

"...angels round about you to bear you up..."

Hello everyone. 

To be honest, this week has been tough. We have had lots of disappointments and trials in such a short time. Sarah, our golden investigator who was scheduled to be baptized on Saturday, decided that she doesn't want to see us anymore. We texted her on Monday asking if we could come see her and she said no. She also told us that she doesn't want to be baptized. Sister Roberts and I couldn't believe it. It just didn't seem real. Sarah wouldn't even talk to us on the phone. After that happened with Sarah, we went to contact a less active member, named Jenna, that the Relief Society President told us to visit. As soon as she opened the door, Jenna told us that she wants us to deliver a message. She wants her name and her two daughters names off the church records. NOOO! That was so sad. It was a hard night. I love being a missionary because I get to see the Gospel change hearts. I see the joy it can bring to people. It breaks my heart when people decide that they don't want it in their lives anymore. 

We had an incredible lesson with our friend Steve this week! He has been trying to figure out if this church is really for him. We were prompted very strongly to watch the Restoration Video with hi. We watched it, in the chapel with a member and it was SO POWERFUL! I love that video and it just confirms and strengthens my testimony every time I watch it! Steve even teared up watching it! After the video, we all bore our testimonies. The next day he was at church and his hair was combed back and he was 15 minutes early in his seat! That is his 4th time at church and we are just so excited for him! He is so ready for the gospel!

This week we had Zone Conference and we talked a lot about finding new investigators. President Salisbury is so awesome and I know that I was meant to be in this mission, with him as my Mission President. He is such an amazing leading and I am grateful for all that I can learn from him. President and Sister Salisbury love us all so much. What can I say, this is the best mission in the world!! I love being a missionary.

#Ponderize -  Even though this week has been a little rough, I know that my Heavenly Father is with me and he is watching over me. He sends his spirit to us to guide us and comfort us. Doctrine and Covenants 84:88 "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." 

XOXOXO

~Sister Kayla Marie Willis

Route 3 Box 518 B
Elkins, WV 26241

No comments:

Post a Comment