Monday, February 8, 2016

Missionary Miracles

Hello!

This week we had some pretty cool things happen! We have had a pretty good pool of people to teach for a while, so we haven't really been focusing as much as we should on finding new friends to teach. Sister Roberts and I made it a goal to have at least one finding activity everyday.  From that we found 3 new investigators! One of them actually was a referral from the Elkins Elders. His name is Jeremy and he has been taught by missionaries before in South Carolina! The first time we met him we went in and started to teach him the restoration. There was a woman there in his home (his cousin), but in the middle of the lesson, she got up and went outside. As missionaries, we have a rule that we cannot be in a home without another woman present. My companion and I looked at each other, not knowing how to handle the situation. We knew that we had to leave, but we were a little nervous. We tried to tactfully explain our rule and get out of there as quick as we could. I knew that even though it was a very awkward situation, Jeremy would respect us more, because we stood up for the standards that we live by as missionaries. The next couple of times we saw Jeremy, we brought a member with us and we were able to teach him the Restoration, and the Plan of Salvation! I know that he truly does respect us more and he recognizes us as representatives of Jesus Christ. He is going to be working towards March 12 to be baptized and he is already trying to quit smoking! Its amazing how much being obedient blesses each of our lives! Meeting Jeremy was truly a miracle. 

Sarah is still going strong! Satan has been working hard to try tear her down, but she pushes on through! We are so excited for her and for the step she is going to make on the 20th! We are so excited!

I want to bear my testimony of Preach My Gospel. I try to study Preach My Gospel for at least 30 minutes everyday and I have seen it bless my life! As I study and ponder, Preach My Gospel, everyday my knowledge and testimony grows tremendously! It helps me know how I can become more Christlike, a better teacher, and how I can become my best self! I love Preach My Gospel and I am sad that I have not realized the true importance of it until now. I am striving to do better, because I know that this was truly inspired of God to help us in our work. I love my mission and I love serving!

I also know that the Book of Mormon is true! It is the word of God and the keystone to our religion. I just finished reading the Book of Mormon and it has strengthened my testimony so much! I love the gospel and I know it is true. I know that Joseph Smith translated the Golden Plates and that Jesus Christ restored his gospel, through him.

#Ponderize 1 Nephi 22: 30-31 "Wherefore, my brethren, I would that ye should consider that the things which have been written upon the plates of brass are true; and they testify that a man must be obedient to the commandments of God. Wherefore, ye need not suppose that I and my father are the only ones that have testified, and also taught them. Wherefore, if ye shall be obedient to the commandments,and endure to the end, ye shall be saved at the last day. And thus it is. Amen."

XOXO

~Sister Kayla Marie Willis


No comments:

Post a Comment