Monday, February 29, 2016

The Spirit is REAL

Hi everyone,

Sister Roberts and I


This week I have been exhausted. You see missionaries have this thing called permatired. [perm-a-tired: a condition that missionaries get that causes excessive tiredness, dark circles under the eyes and occasionally falling asleep during your bedtime prayer.] It is crazy how tired we get! You just feel so tired all the time. You just want to go home and take a nap... But we don't have the time! Sometimes I yawn like 10 times in a lesson.... ooopps. 
Sister Roberts and I

So I have talked a lot about our friend Steve, he is just so awesome! Just imagine this huge 6 foot tall man, with a grey mullet and crooked teeth. You can't be more West Virginian than that. So anyways we have been working with Steve for a long time. He has been coming to church for a little over a month now and things are just going great! It is so funny because we are such scatter brained missionaries sometimes. Steve knows things really well! He has seen us do some pretty silly things and he just laughs at us. But it is amazing how real the spirit is, because we are NOT by any means perfect teachers. We have lots of flaws and sometimes we mess up. I mess up A LOT. But the spirit is REAL, because it has testified to Steve than even though we are crazy missionaries, and sometimes we are a little unorganized, the church is TRUE!  I just love the spirit because it really is the teacher, we are only there to help their hearts be open to it. 

Mummies in Philippi, WV - over 60 years old

#Ponderize Doctrine and Covenants 11:11-13 "For, behold, it is I that speak; behold, I am the light which shineth in darkness, and by my power I give these words unto thee. And now, verily, verily, I say unto thee, put your trust in that Spirit which leadeth to do good—yea, to do justly, to walk humbly, to judge righteously; and this is my Spirit. Verily, verily, I say unto you, I will impart unto you of my Spirit, which shall enlighten your mind, which shall fill your soul with joy;"
Hanging Out With One of the Mummies in Philippi



Last Monday our District went to visit a museum in Philippi. It is where 2 of the missionaries in our District are serving. It is the smallest town I have ever seen! The museum was literally two rooms. It was cool though, to see some of the West Virginia History and there in the museum they have two mummies. It was crazy! The Elders all loved it, and Sister Roberts and I were a little creeped out. They looked gross! But now I can say I have seen the mummies in Philippi. 

Love you all and don't ever forget to pray!

~Sister Kayla Marie Willis


Eating Out with the Sisters in Buckhannon

If You Didn't Know Elkins is Really Muddy

Sister Robinson and I at Zone Conference

The Trio at 8 Months

No comments:

Post a Comment